I feel like we're on toddler holiday. Zev has just been so amazingly cooperative, fun, smart, active and happy lately. He wants to help and learn everything! Almost every word I ask him to repeat he does. Yesterday I told him "it's 80 degrees outside!" and after that he kept saying "ay-teee! ay-teee!" Zev's been exploring opposites on his own lately and often says them together, such as hot/cold, up/down, on/off. He loves turning the light switch on and off but can't always reach it so he sometimes uses his plastic hammer or the broom to hit the switch. Yes, he's using tools! He can also feed himself a bowl of cereal, getting much of it (maybe 2/3) into his mouth. We spend a lot of time coloring at his art easel, which he loves. He draws a lot of small scribbles, big circles and zig zags. Two days ago he picked up the brown crayon and said "BROWN!" I was stunned. He also says and knows blue and red. He says "Lellow" for yellow but I'm not sure if he knows which color it is. In the bathtub he loves getting some soap on his hands and washing his tummy, arms, legs and feet. His favorite bath toys are still a plastic cup and one or two tupperware containers. These have been his only bath toys and he never gets tired of them! Sometimes we switch tupperware to get some change but it's basically a tupperware party in the tub. Only 5 weeks until his baby sister is due. Zev's been spending a lot of time in her room playing with his basket of toys that we're keeping in there while I put her clothes away. He's getting to be such a big boy! He stays in the bathroom with me, playing in the closet or watching me while I shower. I can see him since we have a glass shower. While I'm blow drying my hair he plays with our extra, unplugged blow dryer. Zev has become quite a girl chaser recently. The other day when Ray and I were in Old Navy he was chasing a 4 year old girl (common occurrence) and when he caught up to her he showed her his belly button. It was hilarious. When our friends Christof and Alicia were over last week he was chasing after and kissing their wonderful 3 1/2 year old daughter Eva! It's very cute to watch. I'm glad we're having a girl because he really seems to like them, for now at least!
Here's an adorable video of Zev dancing, counting and blowing kisses.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment